How to Reach Tirumala
Below are the Do’s and Don’ts’ to be followed by the visiting pilgrims at various places in Tirumala.
Do’s in Tirumala are as follows:
- Worship your Ishta Daivam or Kula Daivam before you start for Tirumala pilgrimage.
- Bathe in the Swami Pushkarini and worship Sri Bhu Varaha Swamy before you go to worship Lord Sri Venkateshwara Swamy.
- Concentrate on Lord Sri Venkateswara Swamy inside the temple.
- Observe absolute silence and chant “Om Namo Sri Venkatesaya”, inside the temple.
- Bathe in the Papavinasanam and Akasha Ganga tirthams also when you at Tirumala.
- Respect ancient customs and usages while at Tirumala and promote religious sentiments among co-pilgrims.
- Deposit your offerings only in the Hundi.
- Keep Tirumala Clean and use Bio-degradable plastic.
Dont’s in Tirumala are as follows:
- Don’t wear footwear in the four Mada Street around the temple.
- Don’t carry much jewellery and cash with you.
- Don’t Come to Tirumala for any purpose other than worshipping the Lord.
- Don’t Rush in for darshan instead of waiting for your turn in the queue.
- Don’t enter the temple; if according to custom or usage, you are prohibited to enter.
- Don’t wear flowers at Tirumala temple, as all flowers of the sacred Seven Hills are for the Lord only.
- Don’t waste Water and Electricity.
- Don’t allow strangers into the cottages and hand over keys to them.
- Don’t use non-degradable plastic.
Prohibited in Tirumala:
- Smoking, Non-vegetarian food, liquor or other intoxicants.
- Approaching of touts for accommodation, darshan and prasadam.
- Spurious prasadams from street vendors.
- Spit or commit nuisance in the premises of the temple.
- Preaching and Practice of other Religion.
- Political meetings, banners, dharnas, rastarokos, hartals.
- Slaughter, killing, maiming any animal/bird for any reason.
- Gaming with cards, dice, counts, money or other instruments of gaming.